Preparation time: 1 hour
Recipe: San Jose Center, USA
Picture: Ohio Center, USA
2 cups uncooked sweet rice *, soaked in warm water about 3 hours and drained (or 5 cups cooked sticky rice)
1 can (14 oz. or 1 ¾ cups) coconut milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 ripe mangos (or 6 small ripe mangos) *
* Available in Asian Markets
1. Steam the sweet rice in a steamer about 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked.
2. Cook the coconut milk, the sugar, and the salt in a small saucepan on low heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk mixture to the cooked sticky rice about 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
4. Before serving, cut the mangos into bite-size chunks.
Place the sticky rice on a medium-sized plate, add the mangos in the middle, and some mint leaves on top for garnish.