Preparation time: 20 minutes
4 corn tortillas
8 leaves romaine lettuce, sliced lengthwise to make 16 pieces
3 fresh Roma tomatoes, sliced approx 1/8” thick to make 16 slices
1 cucumber (English preferred), sliced approx 1/8” thick to make 16 slices
Roll of vegetarian chicken ham or any flavor of veggie ham to your liking, sliced approx 1/8” thick (16 slices) and cut in half to make 32 slices
4 slices tofu cheese cut in half to make 8 slices
Yogurt sauce: 1 cup plain yogurt mixed with 2 teaspoons chopped cucumber
1. Place tortillas in a damp towel and microwave on high for 40 seconds to soften. Remove from microwave and place on clean cutting board.
2. Place two pieces of lettuce on the first tortilla, about 1” from the center. Place four slices of cucumber on top of the lettuce, then four slices of tomato on top of the cucumber. (pic.1) Spread 2 tsp of yogurt sauce on top. (pic.2)
3. Place two pieces of tofu cheese on top of the yogurt sauce. (The cheese helps separate the wet ingredients from the tortilla.)
Put 8 pieces of vegetarian ham on top of the cheese. (pic.3) Add 2 pieces of lettuce on top. Roll the tortilla. Cut it in half. Insert a party toothpick in the middle of each half. Repeat steps 2-4 for the remaining three tortillas.
4. Place the completed tortillas on plates or trays. These colorful, healthy and delicious Rainbow Rolls are ready to serve.
* This easy-to-make, nutritious vegetarian sandwich contains seven colorful layers so its fans affectionately gave it the beautiful name “Rainbow Roll”.